At Better Dental, we believe in providing better solutions to our Apex, NC patients—through better technology, better techniques, and better service. This is why we are proud to offer Invisalign—the world’s most popular clear aligner system!
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign is an orthodontic treatment that uses transparent, removable aligners to straighten teeth. As an alternative to traditional braces, Invisalign is a popular choice for both adults and teens who want to improve their smile without metal brackets and wires.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
With Invisalign, the treatment process is as simple as it can get.
- First, you will visit our office for a consultation. During this visit, we will take x-rays, photos, and impressions of your teeth. These records will be used to create a custom treatment plan for you. One of the most impressive qualities of the Invisalign system is its precision. Generated entirely by computer, your treatment plan will show a virtual representation of how your teeth will move during treatment—all the way to your final, desired result. These exact plans are used to craft your custom-made aligners.
- Once we have finalized your treatment plan, you will be given a series of clear, removable aligners. You will need to wear these aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day and move to the next aligner approximately every two weeks.
- As you progress through your aligners, your teeth will gradually shift into place. And before you know it, you’ll have the smile you’ve always wanted! Treatment with Invisalign typically takes nine to fifteen months.
What are the Benefits of Invisalign®?
Invisalign is an increasingly popular method of straightening teeth; not only due to the effectiveness of treatment, but the journey along the way. Our patients enjoy the process, as it is packed with advantages that metal braces cannot compete with. Here are some of the benefits you can expect from Invisalign treatment:
- The clear aligners are nearly invisible, so people won’t even know you’re wearing them!
- The aligners are removable, so you can eat whatever you want and brush and floss normally.
- There are no metal brackets or wires to irritate your gums or mouth—making the treatment process much more comfortable than traditional braces.
If you are considering orthodontic treatment and would like to learn more about Invisalign, we invite you to call our office today and schedule a free consultation. We would be happy to answer any of your questions and help you determine if Invisalign is right for you.
Am I A Candidate?
Invisalign can treat a wide variety of dental problems. However, there are some cases where traditional braces may be the better option. During your free consultation, we will thoroughly assess your smile to determine if Invisalign is the best solution for you. In general, most people with mild to moderate orthodontic concerns are good candidates for Invisalign.
If you would like to achieve a straighter, more beautiful smile, we encourage you to contact our office today and schedule a free consultation. We’d be delighted to speak with you if you’d like to hear more about Invisalign!