Fluoride Varnish Treatment Made Better
Get pearly-white, perfectly aligned teeth with Better Dental. Be confident as you talk, smile, laugh, and present yourself with self-assurance to the world.
Fluoride Varnish Treatment
Protect Your Smile Against Dental Decay
People of any age can benefit from fluoride treatments in conjunction with their regular dental cleanings.
Fluoride interacts with the calcium and minerals that occur naturally in your saliva, and helps prevent cavities, while hardening and remineralizing small imperfections in the tooth’s surface. At our dental office in Apex, we provide fluoride varnish, which effectively strengthens the structure and integrity of your teeth, while helping to prevent cavities.
Even though fluoride is particularly recommended for children, we encourage our adult guests to use fluoride as a proactive measure against decay and dental disease.
Here's How and why it's done
Quick and Easy Topical Fluoride Varnish
When you or your child comes in for your regular cleaning and check up, we may recommend a topical fluoride application, depending on your dental health history. Conventional fluoride treatment is administered as a gel or foam that is given to you in a u-shaped tray and then soaks for several minutes. While this is generally effective – it does have some limitations: the gel or foam usually washes away quickly in the presence of saliva, lessening the benefits of fluoride.
At Better Dental, we treat our guests with an adhesive fluoride varnish that is designed to last for hours — without the use of dental trays. As the fluoride is absorbed by the surfaces of the teeth, it interacts with saliva, creating an anti-microbial surface on the teeth that repels plaque-causing germs.
Better Dental’s fluoride varnish has several key benefits compared to conventional fluoride treatments:
- Available in different flavors (especially helpful for kids)
- Easily and quickly applied
- No gag reflex caused by conventional fluoride trays
- Varnish dries and absorbs rapidly, even in the presence of saliva
- Less fluoride is swallowed, avoiding potential stomach aches for children and sensitive adults
- Does not risk fluorosis, a potential danger with conventional fluoride treatments
- Adhesive texture sticks to tooth surface and keeps fluoride in contact with too surfaces/
Fluoride treatments of every type can make teeth stronger and more resistant to cavities. Fluoride is a safe, effective way to fight and prevent cavities for kids and adults.
But It's especially important for some
Universal Benefit of Fluoride
If any of these sound like you, you may particularly benefit from fluoride treatment:
- You regularly drink non-fluoridated bottled water, well water or distilled water
- You are not in the habit of brushing and flossing every day
- You are not able to visit the dentist frequently
- You anticipate limited access to dental care or dental insurance in the upcoming 12 months, such as overseas travel, university, military, unemployment, etc.
- You take prescription medications that list “dry mouth” as a side effect (even if you don’t noticeably suffer form dry mouth – your medication may reduce salivary flow enough to negatively affect your dental health)
- You’ve had radiation therapy to the neck and/or head; radiation damages salivary glands and may contribute to dry mouth and dental caries
- You have receding gums or exposed teeth roots; those with receding gums have particular risk for dental decay, and could benefit from fluoride
- You have a history of dental disease, gingivitis, or frequent cavities and fillings
- You have had one or more cavities in any of your front (non-molar) teeth; fluoride is particularly helpful in preventing cavities on smooth tooth surfaces, like front teeth – or for those with weak enamel
Proactive Cavity Defense
Using Fluoride At Home
Get in Touch Today!
If you’re not sure what cosmetic procedure would address your concerns, our dentists will give you recommendations. Whatever option you choose, trust that our seasoned dentists will give you a beautiful set of pearly whites.
On top of that, you’ll enjoy your visit to our dental facilities. We have:
Let’s get you a winning smile! Book an appointment today.