Get pearly-white, perfectly aligned teeth with Better Dental. Be confident as you talk, smile, laugh, and present yourself with self-assurance to the world.
Teeth-whitening is a dental treatment used to whiten the coloring of the natural tooth. Having whiter teeth has now become the number one aesthetic concern faced by the majority of our patients in the Apex, North Carolina area.
There are essentially three teeth-whitening options to consider.
- Store bought products such as strips or brush-ons
- Professional-grade take-home whitening kits
- Teeth-whitening procedure done in office by your dental team at Better Dental
Professional Teeth Whitening
Reach beneath the surface of your tooth to remove stains. With a professional teeth whitening your get even results without
soreness or root pain.
Our whitening solutions allow you to brighten your smile in the comfort of your own home, or opt for a dramatic same-day whitening procedure right here in our Apex dental office.
We can provide just the right whitening solution to get you looking and feeling your best in time for your next special event or family photo.
Advantages of Professional Whitening
I’ve been told that I can whiten my teeth with items I can buy at the pharmacy. Is there really a difference? Is teeth-whitening the same as teeth-bleaching?
While there are whitening kits and toothpastes available at the store that can provide some whitening, none can match the level of results you can achieve with professional-grade whitening.
What is Involved in Teeth-Whitening?
When undergoing teeth bleaching, patients typically make just one visit to the dentist.
The dentist will give you home care instructions for the trays and will also provide additional advice on how to maintain your teeth whiteness, including oral hygiene and changes in eating habits.
Regular dental checkups are another helpful way to brighten your teeth both before and after professional teeth whitening.
Which One Do you prefer
For A Dramatic, Quick Result
In-office Teeth Whitening
Like many people, you may be anxious to see results right away. Or maybe you just don’t want to deal with the hassle of having to use your whitening trays at home.
In-office teeth-whitening procedures are available, and they typically take around an hour to complete.The process is simple. A dental assistant will cover your gums and lips to protect them from the whitening gel, which will be applied to the teeth. A special light will be directed at the teeth to speed up the whitening process.
You can expect this to last for about 15 minutes. At that point, more gel will be applied, and the process will be repeated. The gel will be applied a final time, and you will be all set when the last 15-minute interval is complete.
Slow and Steady Wins the race
Take Home Whitening
At home whitening is just as effective as in-office whitening at a more affordable cost.
Our take-home whitening kit includes all that you need achieve the same great results as our in-office whitening, but the process can take place over several weeks rather than in a single visit.
Because at-home whitening uses a lower concentration of whitener (although still much more than over-the-counter products), it will whiten just as effectively as in-office whitening, but it will take longer to achieve the same result.In addition to cost savings, one more benefit of using this lower concentrated dose is that it is less likely to cause sensitivity from whitening.
Sparkling, Brilliant, Shine in three Easy steps
Betterdental Teeth Whitening in Apex NC
If you are concerned your teeth yellow you’re not alone. The AAO found that nearly 90% of patients request teeth whitening services. People associate white teeth with youth and good health. But even if you are in excellent health let’s face it – life happens. Your teeth can yellow over time due to smoking, drink coffee and other dark liquids and from taking some medications.
Teeth whitening is achieved through the use of carbamide peroxide which reaches beneath the surface of your tooth to remove stains. Professional teeth whitening at Better Dental can either be done using in-office or at-home treatments. Many patients pair teeth whitening with other cosmetic dentistry services such as Invisalign.
Step 1 - Remove Stains
Always start by getting a cleaning and checkup. Many dark brown stains can only be removed during a regular cleaning. Teeth whitening may make your teeth whiter but keep in mind that great oral health requires a more holistic approach than teeth whitening alone.
Step 2 - Discuss Your teeth Whitening options with us!
Different levels of whitening depending your exact needs!
Step 3 - Maintaining Your Results
- Visit us for regular cleanings and checkups
- Avoid drinking coffee, tea, and red wine
- Avoid tobacco use. This includes not just smoking but also chewing
- Consider your medications, some antihistamines, antipsychotics and high blood pressure medications may cause yellowing. Ask your doctor if you are concerned that your medication is causing yellowing.
- Trauma or other major health events such as cancer and Chemotherapy and radiation can discolor your teeth. In these situations discuss more advanced cosmetic dentistry options with your dentists.
Teeth Whitening Options
Zoom!2™ Teeth Whitening System
In-Office Teeth Whitening
- We can significantly whiten your teeth in one visit to our dentist office in Apex, NC
- Includes protective treatment for your lips and gums to reduce irritation and tooth sensitivity
- Next, we apply a special teeth whitening gel which is activated by a laser UV light
- The light treatment is done in two 15 minute intervals
- We whiten teeth up to six to ten shades whiter with this process
- Completed your treatment with a five-minute fluoride treatment.
- Post-treatment tooth sensitivity is common and produced mild discomfort for about 24 hours.
Like many people, you may be anxious to see results right away. Or maybe you just don’t want to deal with the hassle of having to use your whitening trays at home. In-office teeth-whitening procedures are available, and they typically take around an hour to complete.
ZOOM – NITE WHITE
Nite White® from Zoom Teeth Whitening Systems is a safe and exceptionally fast take-home teeth whitening option
- During your initial visit, we will discuss what to expect, discuss how to use the Nite White Teeth Whitening System and fit you with custom-made whitening trays to wear at night.
- Your Nite White treatment include special whitening gel will help to remove yellowing from the enamel of the teeth.
- Simply place the prescription-level whitening gel into the trays in your mouth
- You will typically see a noticeable difference in just 7-10 nights.
- The gel bonds with the tooth’s surface reduces sensitivity during the whitening process and improves smoothness and lessens the risk of fade-back over time.
At home, whitening is just as effective as in-office whitening at a more affordable cost. Our take-home whitening kit includes all that you need to achieve the same great results as our in-office whitening, but the process can take place over several weeks rather than in a single visit. Because at-home whitening uses a lower concentration of whitener (although still much more than over-the-counter products), it will whiten just as effectively as in-office whitening, but it will take longer to achieve the same result. In addition to cost savings, one more benefit of using this lower concentrated dose is that it is less likely to cause sensitivity from whitening.
KÖR WHITENING DEEP BLEACHING™
KöR Whitening Deep Bleaching™ is the most aggressive teeth whitening system on the market. The oxygenated whitening gel is absorbed deeply into the tooth, dissolving stains.
- May whiten your tooth up to 16 shades or more
- Intense post treatment pain is common
- Not appropriate for multiple teeth
- Removes even dark stains from teeth which can normally only be removed during a professional dental cleaning and check up
- Is an option for removing most tetracycline stains from teeth
- Requires molds of your teeth so that your whitening trays are custom fit to your teeth
- You’ll wear your personal trays for two weeks at home each night while you sleep
- Follow up visits to treat sensitivity are highly recommended
- Post-treatment tooth sensitivity is common and produced discomfort during and after the whitening treatment period.
- This option may not be right for patients who already have sensitive teeth.
Get in Touch Today!
If you’re not sure what cosmetic procedure would address your concerns, our dentists will give you recommendations. Whatever option you choose, trust that our seasoned dentists will give you a beautiful set of pearly whites.
On top of that, you’ll enjoy your visit to our dental facilities. We have:
Let’s get you a winning smile! Book an appointment today.